We hear a lot about how important compelling online content is to your business’ bottom line but if you’re still not convinced, I’d like to share some statistics that my friend and ace digital marketing expert Tom Gray has put together for his clients.
Tom and I agree that if a business is neglecting its content marketing opportunities, it’s missing out on a potentially huge amount of business.
Your Online Content Gives You More Exposure
- Websites with active blogs have 434% more of their pages indexed in search engines
- Content rich sites generate 97% more links.
It Generates More Leads
- B2B Companies that blog generate 67% more leads/month
It Has A Lower Cost
- Inbound (content) marketing leads cost 38% of outbound marketing ($143 vs. $373)
Your Online Content Creates More Trust For You
- 61% of consumers feel better about a company that has a blog
- 90% find detailed, customized content useful and
- 50% say content marketing has a positive effect on purchasing decisions.
Interesting Content is a Top 3 Reason Why People Follow Brands on Social Media
- In fact, content with more than 1,500 words on average receives 68.1% more tweets and 22.6% more FB likes
Content Generates Higher Closing Rates
- Organic search leads – the kind that an effective content marketing program produce – have an average close rate of 14.6% or 8 1/2 times the 1.7% close rate of outbound marketing
- It gets better: when you combine a higher closing rate with a lower lead acquistion cost your cost to make a sale is dramatically lower than other methods of marketing
Google Likes You Better
- Content creation is the #1 most effective SEO technique
- Long tail searches are up 68% since 2004. And Content Marketing is the easiest way to rank for Long Tail keywords.
- Google’s Hummingbird update focuses Google’s search algorithms on answering questions not just embedding keywords. Content allows you an easy opportunity to speak directly to your consumers needs
So, as you can see, the numbers overwhelmingly support a strong content creation and marketing approach.
I have been working with Tom Gray for several years now so businesses that hire me will often get the benefit of Tom’s expertise as well. If you would like to find out more about how we can help you, then let’s chat! Ignoring your content marketing opportunities is no way to build your business – we can simplify the process for you and help you generate more leads with content that appeals to your perfect customers and search engines alike.
Book a free consultation with me at www.meetme.so/susancrossman. And let’s get you started on the all-important effort to make more money with your online energy!